There’s quite a few places, from casual to upscale. We’re listing our favorites.
- Genny’s Family Restaurant: great country cooking and lot of choices on menu. Located in downtown Chimney Rock. Open Monday – Saturday from 8am-7pm
- Duncan’s BBQ: if you love BBQ, you will love Duncan’s! Downtown Chimney Rock and open Thursday – Sunday for lunch and dinner.
- El Lago: Lake Lure, great Mexican food!
- LaStrada at Lake Lure: Italian homestyle dining (including pizza). Very good, large portions, normally enough for 2 meals for Sheila and I. Reasonable prices ($10-15 for meal, but salad is extra). Great view.
- The Tiki Bar: behind Geneva Motel in Lake Lure. Great wings and beer, and karaoke on some nights.
- Larkins on the Lake: Lake Lure. Higher end. There’s an upstairs and downstairs, so 2 restaurants. Bayfront downstairs is little less pricey.